What personal data might we collect?
We collect different types of personal data for different reasons – this may include:
- Contact information: Information such as your name, job title, postal address, home address where you provide this to us, business address, telephone number, mobile number, fax number and email address.
- Business details: Business information about you provided by you voluntarily.
- Preferences: Information about your preferences, where it is relevant to the services we provide.
- Details for events: In some cases, we may collect information about you, which may include sensitive information in relation to your health, for the purpose of tailoring our events to your needs.
When do we collect your personal data?
We may collect personal data about you in various cases, such as for example:
- When you or your organisation subscribe to the CMC as members or otherwise sign up to receive our newsletters;
- When you or your organisation make an enquiry through our website, in person, over email or over the telephone;
- When you attend a CMC seminar or other events we may organise, or sign up to receive communications from us;
- When you or your organisation provide services to us, or otherwise offer to do so.
How will we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes (“Permitted Purposes”):
- To communicate with you through the channels you have approved to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information relevant to the CMC as well as events and projects we may organise;
- To manage and administer your or your organisation's relationship with us, including processing payments, billing, and collection or support services;
- To publish your membership on our website or elsewhere, provided that you have expressly authorised us to do so.
You have the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
Depending on for which of the above Permitted Purposes we use your personal data, we may process your personal data on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Because it is necessary to do so in order to process or maintain your membership with us;
- Because you have given us your consent to do so; or
- Because processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interest, provided always that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override such legitimate interest.
How will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we use third party providers for the practical operations of our website, such as services provided by Google;
- We may also use aggregated personal data and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our website and our services.
We will otherwise only disclose your personal data when you direct us or give us permission to do so, when we are required by applicable law or regulations or judicial or official request to do so.
How do we keep your personal data safe?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data confidential and secure. We may keep your personal data in our electronic systems, in the systems of our contractors, or in paper files.
Personal data we receive from you about other people
Where you provide us with the personal data of other people, such as your employees, directors of your companies, or other persons you may have dealings with, you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that personal data to us and furthermore that, without being required to take further steps, we can collect, use and disclose that data in the manner described in this policy.
Transfers of personal data
We may also utilise third party providers for the practical operations of our website, such as using third party online payment solutions or where we use services provided by Google (e.g. forms). This may mean that in certain cases your personal data may be transferred outside the EU/EEA.
When making such transfers, we will ensure that they are subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) or other relevant data protection legislation.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We delete your personal data once it is no longer reasonably necessary for us to keep it for the Permitted Purposes, or, where we have relied on your consent to keep your personal data, once you withdraw your consent for us to do so.
What rights do you have?
Subject to certain conditions under applicable legislation, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- have any inaccurate data we hold about you corrected;
- object or restrict our use of, or request us to delete, your personal data;
- submit a complaint if you have concerns about the way in which we are handling your data.
To do any of the above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch